Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tidbit Tuesday: Heart Transplants

You know I love to learn new things! So I've spent the last few days research heart transplants for a new project. Here's what I've found out:


  • More than 4,000 people are currently on the waiting list for a heart transplant.
  • The heart nerves are cut during the transplant surgery. As a result, a transplanted heart often beats faster than the patient's original heart.
  • Most heart transplant recipients have to take 20 or more drugs and supplements every day to keep his or her body from rejecting the heart or experiencing other complications.
Image courtesy of cooldesign at FreeDigitalPhotos.net

What have you learned lately? Tell me in the comments, and you'll be entered into a drawing for a free signed copy of one of my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment