Friday, May 8, 2015

Author Visit: Holmen, Wisconsin

Wow! I had a great time visiting four elementary schools in Holmen, Wisconsin, last month. This visit was extra-special for me because Holmen is only a few miles from where I live. I told the kids to stop and say "hi" to me if they see me around, and what do you know--a few days later, we were out for my youngest daughter's birthday, and a student did! I felt like a rock star!

Best comment from students: "You inspired me." That's what it's all about!


Here I'm reading from my Centipedes book. If I look a little creeped out, it's because centipedes are not my favorite creatures. But I wrote it--and read it--for the kids!

One of my favorite parts is answering kids' questions: "Why did you become a writer?" (I love books, writing, reading, all of it!), "What's your favorite color?" (purple), and even "How old are you?" (35)

No comments:

Post a Comment