Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Tidbit Tuesday: Crime Scene Investigation

Wow! I'm learning lots of interesting stuff researching crime scene science. Did you know: 


  1. Police can expose items to superglue fumes to find hidden (latent) fingerprints.
  2. Prints from the palms or the soles of the feet are as unique as fingerprints and can be used to positively identify suspects.

  3. Crime scene investigators need good observational and writing skills to document the scene of a crime. Such documentation can be crucial when a case goes to trial.

Interesting stuff, huh?

What have you learned today? Leave a comment about something new you've learned, and you'll be entered into a drawing for a free copy of one of my books (your choice!).* Be sure to include your e-mail address so I can contact you if you win!

*Drawing to be held May 29, 2015.

4 comments:

  1. Here's an interesting one! Ears Could Make Better Unique IDs Than Fingerprints (http://www.wired.com/2010/11/ears-biometric-identification/) Once I learned this, I can't help myself from looking at people's ears and studying their differences.

    Loved your first page sample on Kathy Temean's blog today, and the comments from Elena. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is interesting! Sometimes I think we don't even realize all the ways in which each person is unique. Thanks for sharing the link!

      Thanks for your kind words on my first page, too! I really appreciated Elena's comments and the opportunity to get feedback from an expert!

      Delete
  2. Very interesting information, worth recommending. However, I recommend this: generic anchor text

    ReplyDelete